Dr. Burmaster and Dr. Hemphill are committed to providing the safest possible environment for receiving the dental care you need or desire. Our office has always strictly adhered to recommendations and requirements of the CDC, OSHA, and our state for dental practices. As a result of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we have augmented our infection control protocols to protect our patients and staff and prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: WHAT TO EXPECT
We ask that if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you have recently traveled please wait at least 14 days after returning to visit our office. These rules will remain in place until it is no longer a recommendation of the CDC or any local governing bodies and are designed to protect all patients and staff.
Our office has made key changes to your patient experience and we will provide ongoing communication to keep you informed. If you have questions about an upcoming appointment please contact us and we will be happy to answer them and provide additional information about our office infection control procedures. Here are some changes and precautions we have put in place for your safety:
- Patient check-in will take place in the parking lot to minimize contact. We will give all patients a mask and gloves.
- We will be checking your temperature when you arrive using a digital thermometer and screening for symptoms of COVID-19.
- All staff will wear appropriate PPE at all times including gowns, N95 masks, gloves and hair coverings.
- New barriers have been placed in the office to control airflow and prevent the spread of infection.
- New doors and walls have been strategically placed to manage both airflow and reduce contact between those in the office.
- HEPA air filters have been added to the HVAC system.
- We have added extraoral suctioning systems to operatories to reduce and minimize aerosols and the spread of germs.