Do you have discolored, yellowed, or darkened teeth? Do you often find yourself covering your smile because you are self-conscious?
The professionals at Barataria Dental can help you regain your confidence back with teeth whitening treatment. You can choose quick in-office or gradual at-home teeth whitening treatment for your convenience.
But first, what causes discolored, yellowed, and darkened teeth?
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
The main sources of tooth discoloration are:
- Foods/Drinks: Certain fruits and drinks like sodas, coffee, and tea can stain teeth.
- Smoking/Tobacco Use: Smoking and using tobacco products stains and darkens tooth enamel.
- Medication: Certain medications falling under the category of antihistamines and antibiotics may stain teeth, especially if the teeth are not healthy.
- Age: As we age, our teeth wear down, revealing the dark layer of dentin underneath tooth enamel.
- Injury: Chipped, cracked, and broken teeth may darken because they show the underlayer of dentin.
Teeth Whitening Treatment Options
There are multiple treatment options that Dr. Burmaster and Dr. Hemphill offer to their patients. Each treatment is custom-designed to fit each patient to ensure that each tooth is recieving treatment.
At-Home Whitening Treatment
This convenient treatment can be done in the comfort of your own home. After taking molds of your teeth, we will provide you with a custom whitening tray and bleaching gel. This removable tray can be worn for several hours each day for a gradual teeth whitening treatment.
In-Office Whitening Treatment
EZ White Pro can whiten teeth by 8 shades in under an hour. This quick and easy treatment uses a whitening gel that is applied to teeth and cured by a special light. This option is also great for special occasions like weddings and graduations.
Schedule a Teeth Whitening Appointment
Achieve the smile of your dreams today. Call the professionals at Barataria Dental at (504) 358-8632. You can also schedule an appointment with us online here.