Your teeth and your smile depend on you. They depend on you to take care of them every day for the rest of your life. It may sound like a lot of dedication, but as long as you have the tools and knowledge needed, you can do it.
If you do not choose to commit to proper oral hygiene, then you may be setting your self up for a long road of corrective dental practices in our office. Currently, you only need to come to see us twice per year for a professional cleaning and check up. Visit our Marrero, LA dental office to learn more about improving your smile and avoiding gum disease.
Tips For Proper Oral Hygiene
- Brushing At The Right Times & For The Right Amount Of Time
- Brushing will forever be number one on the list for proper oral hygiene. You must make sure you brush for at least two minutes in the morning and in the evening. Also, if you can, you will make your life a lot easier if you can manage to brush after each meal as this will help prevent food some finding places to hide inside your mouth.
- Don’t Forget Your Tongue
- Your tongue being clean is vital to having good breath, and preventing bacteria from spreading and growing inside your mouth to other areas such as your gums.
- Floss is just as important as brushing. Flossing will get in between your teeth and in those hard to reach spots to ensure that bacteria does not set in and grow into plaque and then into a cavity. Save yourself time away from our dental chair, and floss at home. It only takes a few minutes!
- Give Mouthwash a Try
- We love mouthwash, and we bet that you will as well. Not only does it wash away anything that you may have missed after brushing and flossing, but it will also freshen your breath like none other! Also, you can choose to get a mouthwash that contains fluoride which has been proven to prevent cavities.
Schedule An Consultation
To schedule a consultation, call 504.358.8632 or request an appointment online. We look forward to helping each of our patients achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.