Visiting the dentist regularly can improve the health of your smile. For dental concerns like teeth grinding (bruxism), most patients may not even realize they grind their teeth until they visit the dentist. At Barataria Dental in Marrero, LA, Dr. Maria R. Burmaster, and Dr. Valerie R. Hemphill offer a wide range of treatments for patients who have experienced tooth damage due to teeth grinding. Dr. Burmaster and Dr. Hemphill are trained to spot the signs of teeth grinding and provide the right treatment for your smile. If you are experiencing signs of bruxism, contact Barataria Dental in Marrero, LA.
You may not realize you grind your teeth, but you may experience some of the symptoms associated with teeth grinding. The symptoms of teeth grinding may include:
- Headaches or migraines (especially in the morning)
- Tooth sensitivity
- Jaw pain or tenderness
- Tooth enamel damage
- Broken filling or crowns
Treating teeth grinding depends on factors like the extent of damage to the teeth, underlying dental concerns, and your overall oral health. After a detailed examination, Dr. Burmaster or Dr. Hemphill can create a treatment plan based on your needs.
Treatment Options for Teeth Grinding:
- Mouthguard: Mouthguards are a common treatment for patients who grind their teeth. Dr. Burmaster and Dr. Hemphill can create a custom-made mouthguard that helps keep the teeth protected and minimizes teeth grinding.
- Orthodontics. Orthodontics may be the right solution for patients with misaligned or crooked teeth. Dr. Burmaster and Dr. Hemphill can offer Invisalign for patients with moderate to mild misaligned or crooked teeth. If a more advanced treatment is needed, Dr. Burmaster and Dr. Hemphill may work with a local orthodontist to coordinate treatment.
- Restorative Dentistry: Restorative dentistry treatments can be used to address damaged or worn teeth.
- Bite Equilibrium: Treatment requires making some adjustments to the teeth so that they fit together properly and eliminate stress and pressure to the teeth and jaw.
Posted in: Teeth Grinding